Calling all pup parents! It’s time to unleash the fun and give your Goldendoodle the ultimate playtime with a pawsome toy.
We’ve fetched the best toys for Goldendoodles on the market, from squeaky toys to treat-dispensing puzzles, these toys are sure to keep your Doodle busy and happy!
Whether you’re looking for a toy to test your pooch’s mental abilities or something to help them burn off some energy, you’re sure to find the solution here.
Get ready to spoil your furry friend with the top 9 best toys for Goldendoodles!
Table of Contents
- 1 9 Of The Best Toys For Goldendoodles
- 1.1 1. Best Overall: Nylabone Double-Bone Bacon Flavor
- 1.2 2. Best Value: Kong Classic Dog Toy
- 1.3 3. Best for Physical Exercise: West Paw Zisc Flying Disc
- 1.4 4. Best Alternative: Chuckit! Breathe Right Fetch Ball
- 1.5 5. Best for Mental Stimulation: Outward Hound Hide N’ Slide Interactive Puzzle Dog Toy
- 1.6 6. Best for Sensory Enrichment: Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Squeak Ball
- 1.7 7. Best for Socialization: Kong Wubba Comet Toy
- 1.8 8. Best Alternative for Chewers: Benebone Bacon Flavor Wishbone Tough Dog Chew Toy
- 1.9 9. Best for Chewers: KONG – Goodie Bone
- 2 What to Consider When Buying Dog Toys for Your Goldendoodle: Buying Guide
- 3 Other Factors to Consider
- 4 Different Types of Toys for Goldendoodles
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Thoughts
9 Of The Best Toys For Goldendoodles
Goldendoodles are incredibly active dogs, and just like little humans, they need something fun to keep them occupied. This also means changing their toys up a bit from time to time.
Your Goldendoodle deserves the best of the best, and the following are some of the top toys for Goldendoodles:
1. Best Overall: Nylabone Double-Bone Bacon Flavor
The Nylabone Double-Bone Bacon Flavor is the best toy for your Doodle overall. A long-lasting and durable chewy toy, it’s great if your dog is quite a biter or plays rough – this toy can survive almost anything!
The Nylabone is also a lot softer than an actual bone, so you don’t have to worry about your pup biting down too hard and hurting itself. This toy also won’t break apart or splinter, so there’s no need to worry about your dog swallowing any small pieces.
The Nylabone is great for teething puppies and destructive chewers. It also comes in a pack of four, so they should last you quite some time. The toy is also textured and can handle even the worst of chewers. Plus, it tastes great too – for your pooch, of course!
- Great for chewing instincts
- Provides dental benefits
- Good for anxiety and boredom
- Can get dirty and contaminated with bacteria
- Can be too hard for some dogs
2. Best Value: Kong Classic Dog Toy
The Kong Classic Dog Toy has been a fan-favorite among Goldendoodles and other pups for ages. This fun wobbly toy is not only a blast to play with, but you can also stuff it full of yummy treats to keep your Doodle engaged for hours!
This toy is extremely durable and makes for a great distraction when you’re trimming your dog’s nails or grooming them. You can fill them with dog-friendly peanut butter and put them in the freezer for a bit.
The toy turns into a kind of brain teaser, and licking the peanut butter will be a challenging game that ends in a delicious treat for your fur baby.
- The toy is also dishwasher safe, so cleaning it is easy.
- The shape of the toy also makes it more challenging for your Goldendoodle to reach the treats on the inside, keeping them occupied for a long time.
- Toys from this brand are very durable. The rubber material is also very easy on your dog’s teeth.
- The official website has a great sizing guide to help you choose the perfect-sized toy for your pup.
- It can be difficult to clean all of the ridges when washing them by hand.
3. Best for Physical Exercise: West Paw Zisc Flying Disc
The West Paw Zisc Flying Disc is not your average frisbee – it’s a special treat for your furry friend! Made from a durable yet flexible material, this flying disc is tailor-made for doggos who love to play fetch.
The best thing about getting the West Paw Zisc Flying Disc for your Doodle is that both of you get in on the action! Plus, this frisbee is made from a stretchy material so you won’t need to worry about it harming your dog’s mouth or teeth when they catch it.
If you want to provide you and your pooch with hours of entertainment and exercise, this is the toy to get!
- This toy is dishwasher safe, so you can easily keep it clean and wash off slobber and dirt.
- It is a great toy for playing fetch and gives your dog loads of physical exercise.
- The squishy but tough construction is very gentle in your dog’s mouth and will not hurt them.
- It is quite heavy, so you will need to change the way you toss and fling the frisbee.
4. Best Alternative: Chuckit! Breathe Right Fetch Ball
This is no normal fetch ball for your Goldendoodle. The Chuckit! Breathe Right Fetch Ball is specially designed to make breathing easier for your dog while they have it in their mouth. Plus, it’s super flexible and hollow, making it an incredibly safe option for dog owners with puppies!
Playing with this toy is as simple as the name sounds: you chuck it! And we all know how much Goldendoodles love to play fetch. This toy can keep them (and you!) occupied for hours.
Not only will this toy give you peace of mind when your pup is playing with it, but we guarantee they’ll be so obsessed they won’t put it down!
- It does not wear down a dog’s teeth.
- It has a mesh-like and hollow construction that allows for good airflow. This way, the dog can breathe properly when playing around.
- This toy is very lightweight, so it will not hurt your dog as it can gently catch it.
- It is great for physical exercise, making it perfect for the energetic Goldendoodle.
- It may not be suitable for dogs that tend to destroy and chew on things, as this ball isn’t durable enough for this.
5. Best for Mental Stimulation: Outward Hound Hide N’ Slide Interactive Puzzle Dog Toy
Just like us humans, your pooch needs a fun task to crack. The Outward Hound Hide N’ Slide Interactive Puzzle Dog Toy is the perfect choice for just that! This fun and engaging hide-and-find puzzle will mentally stimulate your Doodle, keeping them busy while also rewarding them with a treat!
Given their Poodle and Golden Retriever parents, this hybrid breed is one of the smartest pups! That’s why puzzle toys like this one are perfect for them. They offer sensory enrichment and intellectual stimulation.
With this puzzle toy, your Goldendoodle will soon be forgetting about fetch or tug. They’re smart dogs who love learning, so why not spoil them with this fun toy!?
- This puzzle toy is great for sensory enrichment and intellectual stimulation. Plus, it’s great for indoor playtime.
- It works as a great alternative to a dog bowl. You can place half your pup’s kibble in the puzzle and then let your pup sniff out its food. It can turn meal times into a fun forage and hunt.
- The hiders on this puzzle slide easily, making it simple for your dog to push them using their nose or paws.
- The construction is solid and the material is durable.
- This puzzle has a level 2 difficulty, and it will not be challenging enough for your Goldendoodle if they have previously solved various food puzzles. So you may want to give them a few dog toys with higher difficulty levels.
- This dog toy will not entertain your pup for hours on end. Once the yummy treats or kibble on the inside are gone, the dog tends to lose interest, and it is not durable enough to withstand a dog that chews.
- Material quality could be much better.
6. Best for Sensory Enrichment: Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Squeak Ball
Looking for a toy that engages your pup’s senses? The Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Squeak Ball is one of the best toys for Goldendoodles craving some sensory enrichment. Made from a durable yet soft material, this simple toy is perfect for dogs to chew on and play with.
But that’s not all – this awesome ball also squeaks and bounces, making it an irresistible choice for any dog who loves a squeaky toy! Even the most skittish of dogs will be captivated by the squeak and will want to play.
When it comes to the best toys for Goldendoodles, a classic squeaky toy that you can play fetch with is always a great way to go!
- This dog toy has various uses as both a bouncy and a squeaky toy.
- The material is very tough and durable. But it is also soft enough that it won’t damage your dog’s teeth when it chews on the ball or catches it.
- It is BPA-free.
- Dogs love the squeak, and it gets them very excited.
- This dog toy isn’t too loud and squeaky, so it won’t you when they play with it.
- This dog toy is on the pricier side, but you do get your money’s worth.
7. Best for Socialization: Kong Wubba Comet Toy
If your Doodle loves to fetch and play tug-of-war, the Kong Wubba Comet Toy is the perfect toy! This fun toss-and-tug toy is perfect for two doggos who love playing together. Or even a human and a doggo playing together!
Made of thick nylon fabric strips that dangle from the round body of the toy, Kong Wubba Comet Toy offers loads of spots for the doggo to grab and bite onto. And since Goldendoodles are known for their high energy levels and love of playtime, this is one of the best dog toys for keeping them active and engaged.
If you want to boost your Doodle’s socialization, this is the dog toy to go with!
- The perfect dog toy if you have multiple dogs who want to play together. Dogs can tug or play chase with this toy.
- It is made from a very durable material.
- It has a snowman-shaped body that is made from a strong but flexible material.
- This dog toy is not hard on your pup’s teeth.
- Dogs play rough and often, so no dog toy is totally indestructible. The tassels do start to fray after some wear and tear and eventually pull off of the body.
8. Best Alternative for Chewers: Benebone Bacon Flavor Wishbone Tough Dog Chew Toy
This is one of the best chew toys for Goldendoodles. The Benebone Bacon Flavor Wishbone Tough Dog Chew Toy has a dog-friendly ergonomic and durable nylon design, making it a great choice for dogs that are quite mouthy. This toy also differs from other dog chew toys as it has a bacon flavor that has been fused throughout the whole toy – giving your pooch an extra treat!
The Benebone Bacon Flavor Wishbone comes in several different sizes, and they also have one specifically for Goldendoodle puppies that are teething. As a bonus, a small portion of the profits goes to various animal support organizations.
This toy tends to last quite long, despite rough and vigorous use. It is also a great alternative to sticks and bones that may cause your dog harm.
- The perfect alternative for anything that dogs like chewing, from pricey shoes and chair legs to stones and sticks.
- Great for Goldendoodle puppies that are teething.
- Not every dog will love the toy or the smell.
9. Best for Chewers: KONG – Goodie Bone
KONG is an amazing brand, so it is no wonder that they have appeared on this list multiple times. This brand produces amazing, high-quality toys that everyone loves. Among their most popular is the KONG Goodie Bone, which can be filled with delicious dog treats to allow your pup to work for a yummy reward!
The Goodie Bone can withstand lots of heavy chewing and is very durable. You can also chuck it into your dishwasher every now and then when it needs a good cleaning.
- This KONG toy is dishwasher safe.
- It is made in the USA.
- You can fill the toy up with your dog’s favorite snacks.
- It can get damaged fairly easily from biting and chewing as it is not indestructible.
What to Consider When Buying Dog Toys for Your Goldendoodle: Buying Guide
Finding the perfect toy does take time, and there are a few things you need to consider when choosing between the best Goldendoodle toys. Your dog will have certain preferences when it comes to their toys, but you should also take the following factors into consideration when going shopping for your doggo:
Goldendoodles love playing, and sometimes it can get a bit rough as they start shaking and chewing them. This is very common when they are still puppies, and it is not unusual for them to break their toys due to rough play.
There is no point in bringing home the perfect toy, only for your doggo to destroy it in a matter of minutes. This is why the quality of the toy is so important. You want to purchase something worth the money, lasts longer, and can handle a rough pup.
This is also why you should only buy dog toys, as toys made for children certainly aren’t durable enough. You should take note of the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding how the toy will hold to claws and teeth. Always consider the build, material, and make of the toy. Never buy something purely because it looks nice.
You should also consider the effectiveness of the dog toys if you want to find something that your doggo will love. Think about how fit for purpose the dog toy is and if it will grab your pup’s attention and keep them interested.
All dogs are different, and some can be very picky when it comes to the toys they want to play with. But just because your fur baby doesn’t like the toy at first, it doesn’t mean they won’t grow to love it once they have licked and sniffed it a bit. Sometimes they just need to get used to this new foreign object.
The best toys for Goldendoodles are well-designed and practical.
The material is essential. Dogs scratch, chew and bite. Dog toys will also likely be dragged through the mud and sit in the rain. So, be sure to choose a durable material that can withstand all the elements (nature and your dog). And a material that doesn’t rust, mold, or scratch too easily.
Some dogs may be sensitive or have allergies to specific materials, so it is best to only buy toys that are made from non-toxic and safe materials.
With so many dog toys out there, it is pretty easy to find one at a reasonable price. There are some fantastic toys in the market that are perfect for budget buyers. However, you should always check the quality of the product. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Don’t go for something cheaper, as it may break easily. But also, don’t go for something ridiculously overpriced. Sometimes it is better to spend a bit more at first than to replace your pup’s toy every few months. This can end up costing you more in the long run and pose some dangers to your dog.
Other Factors to Consider
There are a few other things that you should consider when looking for the best dog toys, such as the following:
- Age: Dogs have different needs at different stages of their life. Adult dogs will need toys that can withstand their strong jaws and ones that are durable, while puppies will need softer toys and ones that they can chew on. A plush toy is generally good for puppies.
- Size: There are variously sized Goldendoodles ranging from small to large. You must buy toys that are suitable for the size of your pup. Some dog toys are specially designed for large dogs while others take into consideration the size of smaller dogs.You may also want to look at the best harness for a mini Goldendoodle puppy so that you can take your tiny fur baby to the park and safely play with some toys there!
- Safety: Only go for toys that are safe and avoid ones that have small bits and bobs that may harm your Goldendoodle. You also want to avoid toys that easily break apart, as these can be choking hazards.
- Playstyle: Consider how your Doodle plays. Do they like to fetch, chew, or solve puzzles? It is best to choose toys that match your pup’s play style. This way, they will engage with the toy more and actually enjoy it.
By taking all of these factors into consideration, you can ensure that your pup’s playtime experience is fun, safe, and exciting.
Different Types of Toys for Goldendoodles
Dog toys are getting better and better, and they are constantly introducing new and improved versions of everything these days. The days of a plain ol’ teddy bear and bone are gone. Now, you’ll find an array of fun and interesting toys on the market!
Here are a few of the different types of toys you can find and which one is best suited for your pooch:
Goldendoodles are highly intelligent, and their ancestors were working dogs, so this breed will love toys that keep them engaged for hours and mentally stimulate them. This is where puzzle toys are perfect. It also helps if the puzzle toy encourages exercise and some movement.
Many puzzle toys also dispense treats, and this can keep your dog interested for hours. The only downside is that your dog will be eating treats or snacks, so be sure to keep them to a minimum, as you don’t want to overfeed your dog!
Plush toys are the best toys, particularly for puppies. They are warm, snuggly, and comforting, and your pup will love having one near them when they go to bed. You can find plush toys in all sizes and shapes, so it shouldn’t take much for you to find one that your doggo will adore.
However, plush toys are not a top choice for dogs who love to chew. It may be best to find soft toys that are more durable, as otherwise, you might end up with fluff and stuffing everywhere in your home! It is also not good for your doggo to swallow the stuffing, so maybe don’t purchase these toys if your doggo is prone to chewing and tearing.
Goldendoodles have loads of energy, so fetch toys are their match made in heaven. Your doggo will love playing outside with this toy, and it’s a great chance for you to spend some quality time with your pup!
A fetch toy can come in various shapes and sizes, like a ball or frisbee, so you’ll easily find one that your dog will love.
Rope toys are generally made of rope that has been knotted and twisted on both ends. This toy makes for a great distraction and active toy. Chewing pups can work their jaws and teeth on a rope toy. Plus, they’re great for fun games of tug and fetch!
Just be cautious with this type of toy and ensure that you buy one that is of good quality and has been properly constructed. These toys can start to break, and if your pup swallows thin strands of rope, it can be very dangerous and harmful to their health.
This type of toy is perfect for Doodles who love chewing on things. They also make a great distraction from your furniture, shoes, and clothes!
Goldendoodles tend to be gnawers, especially when they are puppies. So it helps to have a solid chew toy lying around. These Goldendoodle toys are also great for keeping your dogs teeth debris-free and clean. So it also has some health benefits!
What is the best dog toy for a Goldendoodle?
Every Doodle is different, but most Goldendoodles love fetch toys. Given that one of their parents is a Golden Retriever, fetch is in their blood! Anything like a rope, ball, or frisbee will be perfect for burning off energy and boosting mental stimulation.
Why do Goldendoodles destroy toys?
Sometimes the desire to destroy a toy comes down to their natural instinct. Some dogs have a high prey drive and may see their toy as their prey, so they choose to destroy it. Your dog may also destroy their toy due to boredom or frustration.
What should you do if your Goldendoodle has swallowed a piece of their toy?
If you suspect that your Goldendoodle has swallowed a piece of their toy, the best plan of action is to seek professional pet medical advice. While in some cases swallowing a small piece of a toy is not dangerous and your dog appears fine, it is still best to contact your vet and have your Goldendoodle checked.
Goldendoodles love playtime, and what better way to spruce it up than with some fun toys? There are tons of awesome dog toys on the market, each designed for your pooch’s personality!
Whether your Doodle lows chewing, playing fetch, or cuddling, you’re sure to find the perfect match.
Any toy from our list is guaranteed to make your Goldendoodle wag its tail in absolute joy!
Curious to learn more about the fabulous Goldendoodle? Head to BarksinthePark for more fun and interesting facts!